July 25, 2011

This is sad :(

OK.

I typically write about happy things. And I'm sorry for the just long post with no pics.

I read this today: link

Tl;Dr: This kid has GP. He lost a lot of weight, or wasn't gaining and, throwing up all the time. So, the parents took him to the Doc's. The Doc said they THEY where doing it, and wasn't feeding him right. She called Child Protective services, and had him taken away. Well, meanwhile, the Dad's in Iraq, and Mom has no money. The kid has bounced all the way from Foster home to Foster home.

My Mom has GP. Lemme tell you folks, it's not fun. There are good days and bad days. And it sucks ass seeing my Mom doubled over in pain from eating an apple. Yes, an apple. She's limited to noodles. I think she is eating so many noodles, she is going to turn into one.

And yet, the Docs tell her too loose weight? WTF. No, being bigger in this situation is going to let me have my Mom with me longer. So, Here Mom, eat the fucking noodles.

And like, the Doc's don't even get it. Which pisses me off even more. I mean, look at the story. They don't get it! There is no cure (even though the few things that seem to help people with GP are now on the no-no list because of the health insurance crisis.). Mom goes to Ann Arbor, the one places who seem to have some what of a clue, but she can't only get in maybe twice a year. How is that going to help?

But, if you have found this site because you have Gastroparesis, or some one you love has it: Know you are not alone. There is this site called G-Pact. There are answers there. There are people who are like you, someone you can talk to! You're not the only one, even though it feel like it.

More then 5 million people have GP. This baffles me, that there are little to none research on it.

For the family with the little boy: You are in my thoughts.

No comments: