January 30, 2012

Book Review: Warm Bodies. With a Rant!

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion is pretty good.  I'm not going to say the greatest book of all time. I certainly think it's better then Twilight, even though it's tittering on the line.

Long story short: It's a Zombie Romeo and Juliet. Zombies being the Montague's, and the Capulet's being, you guessed it, human. It's actually pretty well written. There are a few times where there are gaps, and I have no idea what's going on. Or sometimes the way Marion puts things together seems rushed. 

Over all, good for the first novel.

And the movie is going to suck soooooo bad.

It's more then those 'Well, the book is always better then the movie' yeah yeah. Well. This brings it to a whole new level.
Not only is it done by Summit, the unholy bastards who took on Twilight. But even in the movie cast, they fucked it up.

Nora (Who is supposed to be the Nurse) is black. Guess who's gunna play her? Analeigh Tipton (The baby sitter from Crazy Stupid Love). I like you Analeigh, but you're no where near African American. 
yeah...No.

Then, one of the Staples of 'R' who is zombie Romeo, is a RED TIE! 
RED FUCKING TIE.
Do you see a tie? TIE?! 
R is supposed to be a business man. NOT A TEEN IN A RED HOODIE!
Really Summit, is it really THAT hard? UGH! 

I think they nailed Julie though. 
At least they can do SOMETHING right! 

*Deep Breath* Okay. Sorry for swearing. The book was a little bit more the Twilight. And it was actually like, good. Yes, I have read Twilight. The Book isn't all that that bad. The movies took all the emotion out of it. BUT THE MOIVES FUCKED IT UP. JUST LIKE GINNY'S AND HARRY'S RELATIONSHIP! Sorry, I had to throw Harry Potter in there some where.


I also fear for The Hunger Games.
Oh God, if they screw That up.

Ok.
So, in other news, I now remember why I stopped reading.


Sorry for ranting. I had to get it out.
Go read books before the shitty movies take over.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like it could be interesting. I'll have to check it out. My friend's read Hunger Games they are so excited for the movie. I hope it's at least decent enough to not make them completely disappointed. Fingers crossed.